Steps to consider when securing your home
- Remove valuables from anywhere they can be seen from the outside.
- Be cautious when allowing people into your home as it may give them the opportunity to scan your possessions and level of security.
- Have an RCG locksmith check locks and advise on what needs to be updated.
- Install good alarm system and advise with a sign or sticker.
- Invest in bright outside lighting and sensor lights.
- Ensure all dead locks and deadbolts are on all doors and locks or bars on windows.
- Use padlocks on gates and shed.
Steps to consider when securing your business premises
- Ensure Alarm and surveillance systems are well maintained.
- Check window and door frames for deterioration.
- Ensure doors are solid and sturdy enough to prevent break ins.
- Check all locks and bolts are in working order.
- Keep an updated list of all equipment on the premises at all times.
- Keep updated records of the location of all keys at all times.
- Ensure all staff members are aware of the process for locking up and securing the business premises.